1. Consent: by filling in any of the forms on this website, you are giving your consent for Dakota Therapies and The Ovatu Booking System to hold your personal information. The information which you supply on the forms will be held together with any clinical records or purchasing information, as applicable. I use your information to give you the best possible service and for insurance purposes.
2. Email marketing: with your permission, I will send you emails about my products, my practice, special offers, handy tips and other updates. You will need to positively opt in either online or on your initial consultation form to receive these updates. You can unsubscribe at any time, either through the ‘Unsubscribe’ button the emails or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to me direct Dakota Therapies 113-116 Bute Street Cardiff Bay Cardiff CF10 5EQ.
3. Links: when you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
4. Storing your information: your information is stored both on an encrypted computer, Ovatu online booking system and a locked filing cabinet and, where applicable, on the secure control panel for this website. I do not store personal data on any portable devices such as a memory stick. All documents that contain personal data are password protected. Personal data is stored via cookies on this website, which you will be asked to consent to when you first visit the site. These cookies are used in the functioning of the site and to process third party services such as payment gateways.
5. Retaining your information: You have the right to ask me to destroy your records at any time if you wish to terminate our working relationship. Otherwise, adults’ records are retained for eight years following our last date of contact. Children’s records are retained until their 25th or 26th birthday, depending on the exact age of the child when their treatment ended.
6. Accessing your information: Your records are accessed by myself, either for clinical or retail purposes. Information provided online may also be accessed by my confidential website designer, who assists me with the upkeep of this website and if you fill out a digital version of my consultation your information will be stored on Ovatu online booking system. You have the right to request a copy of your records at any time. These will be sent by email.
7. Sharing your information: I will never share your information without your permission – it will be kept strictly confidential unless there are legal grounds for me to disclose something which you have told me to a third party. I shall always inform you if I feel that disclosure is necessary and seek your permission and co-operation first.
8. Complaints: if, for any reason, you are unhappy with how I am handling your data, please raise your concerns with me first, so that we can seek a resolution. If you are still not satisfied, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Optional extra points for those selling products through their website:
9. Buying online: when you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
10. Third-party service providers for online payments: payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
We take confidentiality seriously and will not pass on or sell your data to anyone unless there is a legal reason.
When massage sessions resume, there will be an additional declaration form to complete stating that:
There has not been in contact with anyone with Covid-19, in the last 14 days, to your knowledge
there have not been any symptoms: – dry cough, temp over 37.8°C, loss of smell and/or taste
Should the client contract the virus you must inform the therapist as soon as possible.
There will also be a signed declaration from the therapist stating the same declaration
All first-time and follow-up consultations MAY be carried out either on the phone or via video conferencing rather than face to face until social distancing restrictions are lifted.